How important is it to give closure?
Did you understand then? Why didn't you give one?
I went back a thousand times at our meeting destination
Did not even find our fragrance last time
I laughed, I cried then—
do humans have enough words to define their emotions?
Language always fails in such moments
I examined the documents containing memories of us
Tears did moisten the remaining dried fossils
as if digging them might get easier
Hope is a good thing, no? Is it so?
Now, portions of mine make occasional visits there
as if they're refusing to forget the address
You know naa—accepting the truth is never painful,
the resistance to accept it hurts the most
I'm still waiting for the closure
and you still accuse me of not giving one
Yes! I intentionally did not give the same.
To whom I consider as ones
shaping my 'idea of existence, identity and consciousness'
the corollary of which defines my 'idea of self'
I don't give them closure.
_________________________
10.08.2026 | Rahul Khandelwal
No comments:
Post a Comment